Movie review : Into the Storm
In the span of a single day, the town of Silverton is ravaged by an unprecedented onslaught of tornadoes. The entire town is at the mercy of the erratic and deadly cyclones. Most people seek shelter, while others run towards the vortex, testing how far a storm chaser will go for that once-in-a-lifetime shot. Told through the eyes and lenses of professional storm chasers, thrill-seeking amateurs, and courageous townspeople, “Into the Storm”throws you directly into the eye of the storm to experience Mother Nature at her most extreme.
- Excellent visual effects , makes you feel like you are in the storm yourself .
- The story is compelling, and very emotional
- It was some what unrealistic that Trey (Nathan Kress) was holding his video camera and recording the whole time they were looking for his brother .
- The movie was a bit predictable .
- Some of the characters were forgettable and added nothing to the story .
Allison: I’ve studied storm all of my life. This one is bigger than has ever been.
Pete: That’s the biggest tornado I’ve ever seen.
I went into this movie with no expectations .I had seen the trailer but didn’t get much from it .That being said , I found this to be a very interesting , intense and gripping movie . I was literally on the edge of my seat . If you are a fan of ‘disaster movies’ it may seem a tad bit predictable , but what gets you sucked in is the human element , the personal issues the characters are dealing with while trying to survive the storm . All in all it is a fun movie to go out and watch .
3 out of 5