How To Make Your Own Perfume
One of the best compliments is being told that you smell great, so naturally, we all adore buying and using fragrances that bring out the best in us. Good smelling products are generally seen as a luxury item, and I believe it is a necessity, so if you are keen to DIY and create your very own perfume with your favourite smell, then all you need to do is follow the easy at-home guide detailing ingredients that can be found anywhere!
The ingredients needed to make a perfume with essential oils:
- 2 tbsp of carrier oil (grapeseed, jojoba, sweet almond, etc)
- 6 tbsp of vodka (100 proof vodka)
- 2.5 tbsp of bottled water
- 30 drops of essential oil (9 for your top notes, 15 for your middle notes, and 6 for your base notes)
- Small funnel
- Coffee filter
- 2 clean dark glass bottles with airtight lids
- Pour the preferred carrier oil into one of the glass bottles.
- Add your base, then middle, and then the top notes into the bottle.
- Add the alcohol in the bottle.
- Secure the lid and let the perfume sit for 48 hours – the longer you let it sit, the stronger the scent, so you can leave it for up to 6 weeks too if you want.
- Once you are satisfied with the scent, add the water and shake the bottle vigorously for 1 minute.
- Use the filter and funnel to transfer the scent to the other bottle.
Check out this video for a more in-depth explanation on making perfumes!